- This course is designed to provide participants with the management and customer service skills required to succeed in a hospitality management career.
- This course covers a range of topics such as hotels, resorts, cruise ships, private / corporate owned restaurants and special catering events.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals who seek to gain the key management and service skills required to begin a career in Hotel and Hospitality Management.
- The Hotel Industry, The Scope of the Industry
- The Firm in the Hotel and Catering Industry, Hotel Management, Planning, Policy
Organisation of the Hotel Workplace
- Organisation, The Nature and Purpose of Organisation, The Mechanistic View of Organisation, The Human Relations View of Organisation
- The Systems Approach to Organisation, Organisation Structure, The Informal Structure, Hotel Organisation
Staff Management in Hotels
- Work Charts, Communication and Coordination, Staff Management, Monitoring Workloads and Work Procedures, Authority / Chain of Command, Career Structure
- Sources and Storage of Information, Creating and Maintaining Information, Creating and Maintaining Control Systems
- Types of Control, Production Control, Quality Control, Sales Control, Labour Utilisation Control, Materials Control, Maintenance Control, Financial Control, Setting Standards and Corrective Action, Work Study, Organisation and Methods
Front Desk Management (Reception)
- The Functions of the Front Office, Customer Service, Dealing with Grievances & Complaints, Understanding Communication
- Conversation Development, Using the Telephone, Business Letters, Promotions and Customer Relations, Client Interpersonal Skills, Self Esteem & Reinforcement, etc
Servicing Rooms and General Cleaning
- Service Equipment, Direct Purchase of Hire of Equipment, Linen: Purchase or Hire, Choice of Fabrics, Structure and Properties of Fibres, Linen Room Organisation
Building and Facility Management
- Daily, Periodic and Planned Preventative Maintenance, Frequent Maintenance Problems, Safety, Furniture, Fittings, Managing Maintenance, Building Maintenance, Toilets and Locker Rooms
- Tour desk, gymnasium, events (eg. Weddings, balls etc)
- In house Services, Recreation Facilities, Guest Information Services, Swimming Pools, Spa & Sauna Facilities, Activities Management, Tourism
- Types of Food Service (eg. Room Service, Bar, Restaurant, Coffee Shop etc)
- Kitchen Design & Equipment, Service Facilities, Food Service Management, Food Purchasing, Dealing with Complaints